Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Baby Garcia's Cake

Well I can tell you this is an old post because this cake was for my friends baby shower and the baby is now almost 3 months old. Anyways I already explained my absence, back to the cake. I was very excited to do this cake because it was for a very special couple. I was privileged to be a bridesmaid in their wedding and it was only natural to be able to do the baby shower cake. I wanted to stay within theme of butterflies but add some giraffe which is the mother's favorite. They picked a Double Chucker bottom and a Funfetti top. There was also an amazing 5 tiered stand of cupcakes and a small cake topper courtesy of another friend of the couple which was adorned with a hand crafted giraffe figurine. I was very nervous about the cake because it was an outside event and it was very hot. Thankfully it made it with no problem. I mean really no problem. I have never been stampeded for one of my cakes before and that was even with the lack of silverware. I felt like I was in a cage with piranhas. It was very fulfilling. I learned a very good lesson that day, people love tasty cake...and they will eat it with or without silverware and they'll eat full slices or crumbs-just serve it fast or move out of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment