Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shurtleff Wedding



July 2011- My niece got married! I cannot believe it. It was one of the most amazing events of my life and I have never felt so proud in my life. I loved being the MOH and being there for every moment. I almost had a very real situation, the night before I got food poisoning and I woke up hoping for a miracle and all I got was a nervous breakdown followed by hives...yes I did. I bought so many different things and ate nothing but crackers and by noon it was a thing of the past. I had enough time to get ready and also manage to frost cupcakes.
 Chocolate and vanilla and strawberry with cream cheese frosting. I had a team painting silver fondant hearts at midnight as I made a fondant top hat and tiara for the bride and groom. When I delivered the cupcakes I made it very clear that I was going to drop them off and walk away. I did just that and gave a full detailed explanation of what needed to be done.
I also clearly stated, if the tiara breaks-DO NOT PUT IT ON TOP! Well I think they looked sweet and there were chocolate dipped strawberries, and donut holes on top of fraps. I was very happy when my niece later told me that her husband wanted a dozen. Hooray! My lesson: Make back up toppers, that way you can walk away and be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment